Tuesday, April 17, 2012

In the garden

And thus… I was strolling my enchanted garden the other day. The air possessed an especially sweet spring taste that morning and the warmth outdoors whispered nothing but quiet in the stillness of the early morning dormancy.

Now, you'd have to remember that this is the sweetest, most mysterious-looking place any one can imagine. And I said “mysterious” because… well, it just is!

You can imagine my surprise as I was weeding and trimming those slim, wispy little things flowers-like Lady Sleepers, when something totally unexpected surfaced from the ground... Ah yes, the most peculiar of things you can ever imagine; right here in this very spot. A complete surprise!

And what was it I found?--you'd ask. And would you believe me if I told you it was the most precious little china cup?

I know I know… strange things such as this have a propensity to occur here; I mean like finding china cups mysteriously hanging from tree branches and such... just like it happened last fall as you can see here... but that's just how things are around here.

Ah yes my dears, as I was saying, this little teacup lay about three inches down in the soil, and it was very dirty, but underneath the grime showed a lovely bright blue… Holding it up, I rubbed off some of the dirt until finally the bright blue of the china shone out…

It looked as if it might have belonged in a child’s playhouse… I couldn’t believe it was not broken. And how did it get in the garden? That’s what a magical garden will do, I supposed… things would drop down into it and get lost for days, and then all of a sudden they’ll rise up out of nowhere into the light of day…

There was no reason I could think of why this teacup should had been there. Do you think someone might had buried it there? But who… and why?

All of a sudden, I had the most unnerving certainty... I knew exactly who the little cup belonged to... you see, in a far corner of the garden, right under the flowering pear tree I could see the most ridiculous of things... a witch’s hat and staff on that tree?

Had you been here standing right beside me, I’m sure you would had seen my hands shaking and my heart… you would had hear my heart thumping: pa rum pum pum! And how would it not! A witch in my garden! Could it be possible? Loco loco!

Oh, I think I might had even caught a glimpse of the witch as she was making her exodus out of the garden... in a hurry! Maybe she was planning a tea party with her witches friends under the flowering pear tree and I just spoiled the moment? You'll never know!

Well, maybe teacups just won't burst out of the ground like that, and maybe witches are only the product of an over-fertile imagination, but I'm sure if you pay close attention to your surroundings you'll find innumerable little surprises scattered all around you everywhere you go... and I mean EVERYWHERE, not just only in your garden... Our Father scatters blessings unimaginable upon his earthly children, we just don't have the eyes to see, or feel. And you know why? Because we need to grow eyes in our heart and eyes in our soul.

What I am trying to say is…SEE with your HEART so that you can see what you really need to see. Look only in those places that nurture the deepest part of you. Think thoughts that feed your soul. No gift on earth could compare with this, for it touches us more profoundly than our imagination can envision.

Peace be to you my friend...

10 comments:

  1. Cielo: I believe, I believe! I was just in my garden earlier and found the most unexpected things imaginable. Living, growing flowers and about to be flowers. I was sure they had forgotten how to be, but they are here, ever so slightly. I was just going to post about the magic (but not so eloquently) before I came to yours. Happy findings..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So today I am going out to check my garden for little surprises!!
    Hugs .... Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ! I love gardening.Love your flowers.So thanks a lot for inspire me share your pretty photos and writing. sell my house

    ReplyDelete
  4. You DO have the most magical garden, my friend. I am always enchanted when I come here. I must say that is a pretty good looking "witch"!;>) xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola Cielo.
    Te envio un abrazo lleno de afecto.
    Maruxa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola Cielo.
    Te envio un abrazo lleno de afecto.
    Maruxa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cielo, I love following your imagination around your beautiful garden ... food for the soul xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVELY PICS:) I really like your blog its so fairy tail like:) and I will happily follow.

    If you want some swedish decor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)
    Have a great weekend.

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (Sweden)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful garden, beautiful blog....
    Ciao,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh Cielo,I've been reading back through your lovely blog this evening~its magical,by the way.You had My heart going pa rum pum pum!lol,love this post!happy evening,juliexxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note; I love to read your comments.